Sunday, October 7, 2012

The last email


From October 1, 2012:

Well,

It's pretty hard to describe my feelings at the moment. Those of you who have served missions might be able to relate. On one hand, I am very excited to come home see all of you once again. :) I love you guys so much and have missed you all! But on the other hand, I am pretty crushed to have to leave the Philippines and all these wonderful, humble people I have had the opportunity to love, serve, and learn from. I will miss the missionary spirit and the missionary life. I worry about the problems of the real world, but at the same time I have hope and I know that the Lord will strengthen me and help me as a apply the things I have learned here.

This week has been a great week. We had a pretty cool opportunity this week where we decided to apply one of the things President Lopez invited us to do, which is to stand in front of a ceres (public bus) and get everyone's attention and give a short message and hand everyone pamphlets with our numbers and the church's address on the back. I did it first, and I was really surprised at how easy it was. I wasn't nervous at all and I was completely comfortable talking in front of a ton of strangers in a language that isn't my own. I wondered if at the beginning of my mission I would have done that. haha. It reminded me of the older times when missionaries would stand on podiums in the street and do the same thing. Then we rode again and it was Elder S' turn. He was so nervous he was shaking, but he did a great job as well. It was pretty cool afterwards to sit down in the back and see almost everybody reading the pamphlets we gave them - a beautiful sight! haha. great experience. :)

I will work hard this week. You don't need to worry about that. haha. I will miss Elder S but I have full confidence that he will continue to be a great missionary. I will miss the wonderful members and investigators, but I know that they will be fine and the work of the Lord will roll forth.
Well! I think that's about it this week! I want to thank you all for all your support and encouragement the past 2 years. The messages and things that have been sent to me have really helped and inspired me. Thank you!! I can't wait to see you all! HALONG GUID, KAG PALANGGA TA KA!!!! kitaay ta sa dason nga semana!!!

-Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment