Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kumusta po kayo

from his email Oct. 18:

Well I think I've survived yet another week in the MTC. ...i think. hahaha.
But seriously for the most part it has been a really great week! probably mostly because I finally understand where everything is and what we are doing. haha. I really like my district and speaking Tagolog is a blast. Yesterday (Sunday) I ended up singing "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" in sacrament meeting as an a'capella trio. it was really cool!
I've still been running in to a ton of people I know. I saw John, but only once on the day he got here. Mostly the Filipino Elders do things at the same time as the Spanish Elders. It is actually really funny to say things to them like "Kumusta po kayo" (Which means how are you), and they are like... wait. what did you say? hahaha. alot of people just say "Bien" automatically and then realize that we weren't saying "como esta" in spanish. It's great to understand everything they are saying and know that they have no clue what we are saying. hahaha. ;)
I've done better on the eating this week. I think i'm getting used to the food. haha. plus the missioanry playfield has been open all week long, so I have been running and playing soccer and playing a cool Australian game called "downball" with my zone. so all is well there-- no cabin fever on the indoor track yet. ;)
The sad thing is that our temple walks on Sunday were canceled because some missionaries were actually scheduling picnics with their families and stuff. Luckily none of them were from my zone. Needless to say, obedience was a big topic this week. hahaha. But i have been learning a ton. we have had great speakers and firesides and things, and I am getting really comfortable with teaching in English. The only problem is that in a few weeks, we will have to start doing all of our teaching in Tagolog. yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment