Friday, October 15, 2010

Shout out from Elder (smi)-Lee!

Elder Lee's p-days are on Monday, this week he had a little bit of time to tell us how things are going at the MTC!

Here's a brief report in his own words:

"I really appreciate the letters I have received. Mondays are my p-days, fyi. Things are pretty crazy here, schedule-wise, but great. The first few days were pretty crazy and tiring, but everyone said that that is normal. The important thing is that I made it to Sunday, and everyone says if you can do that, everything from here on out will be easier. They were right. Yesterday was amazing. We took a walk to the temple and watched the Joseph Smith movie. And this morning we went through a temple session as a zone. The spirit is definitely here, and I can already tell that I am going to learn more than I ever thought I could here. It also feels pretty cool knowing some tagolog. They just threw it at us when we got here, though. It was pretty overwhelming, but definitely what I needed! I can already say prayers and bear my testimony. It's such a cool language. I'm sure it will get harder, but as far as everything we have learned so far, I think I'm catching on pretty well.Our district is made up of 8 elders, 4 of which are going to Quezon City and 4 of which are going to Bacolod. We have two Samoans, and they are hilarious! Our zone has alot of people going to Bacolod too, which is pretty comforting knowing we will see each other out in the field. Apparently they bring in new Filipino Elders every 3 weeks, so in two more letters you can expect a report about the next newbies!"

Sounds like he is doing well, huh? In the MTC, mail is delivered everyday, so don't be shy and send him a letter! Remember, it's FREE to write him in the MTC from dearelder.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment