Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving and last week in the MTC

FROM NOVEMBER 29th:

phew! time sure flies! I felt like it was just yesterday was Pday! haha. well actually, alot has happened since then. :) First off, I got my Christmas package! It made my week. :)

For Thansgiving, we had Elder HOLLAND come speak to us! Naturally, it was amazing! haha. He was different than I had ever seen him before. He was very loving and kind and calm and really set the tone for the entire Thanksgiving day. Then we had our feast, which was pretty good. It was typical mtc food, but i'm, still thankful for it. We then had a speaker from the church come to us who has been doing humanitarian work in the Congo! We had a few more devotionals, and then ended the day with the service project in which the mtc made over 33,400 backpack kits to assemble backpacks for underprivledged kids. It was a blast. We were well taken care of. :)

Our zone has been doing alot better this week. Last week, everyone was sick and miserable, but this week everyone was getting better and being obedient and happy! haha. It really has been my best week in the mtc I think. The only downside was that around Saturday night I started getting sick. I guess it was only a matter of time. haha. So now I have a pretty nasty head cold. :-/ Hopefully it goes away soon, though! As far as tagolog goes, we're really not learning anything new, just reviewing and learning about the culture and stuff.

We got our flight plans this week. We are flying to LA, then to Hong Kong, then Manila, then Bacolod on Tuesday the 7th. I am traveling with my roomates, so that will be a blast. I will be able to call home from LA! :) Anyways, it is pretty crazy that it is my last week here. I don't even know what to think, and I definitely can't see myself in the Philippines, yet! haha. It's just going to be a crazy week, is all. Lots to do and lots to stay busy with. It'll be an adventure! Unlike what it sounds like in Seattle, we really haven't had too much snow untill yesterday when we just got DUMPED on. I am so thankful for the jacket mom sent me! hahaha. Well that is it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment