Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Halloween and Elder Scott

from NOVEMBER 1st:

Mabuhay! It is CRAZY to think I have already been out here a month. Time really flies. I am still working hard at Tagolog, but we have spent alot of time this week helping the newbies bear their testimonies and say prayers since the older districts helped us when we got here. There are 16 new elders and 4 new sisters, doubling our zone's numbers. hahah.

Halloween was pretty... interesting. I really wanted to watch the Ghost and Mr. Chicken this year. haha. We had a big candy feast last night and some missionaries changed nametags and went as each other. That was pretty much the extent of our celebration. all 30 minutes of it. hahaha.

This Thursday we teach our last lesson in english. From there on out, it is strictly Tagolog for the remainder of the MTC.

This past week was pretty great. To start it off we had ANOTHER Apostle come speak to us, Elder Richard G. Scott. It was so amazing. He blessed us using his authority as an Apostle about 4 times throughout his talk, which gave me alot of assurance. He also gave us a sheet full of the lessons he has learned in his life pertaining to following the guidance of the Spirit. There are about 40 quotes on it that are amazing. I think I'm going to get it laminated.

Temple walks were also put back into effect this week. So we spent all day on temple grounds taking pictures with the fall leaves yesterday. It was a LOT better than having 6 hours of free time like the last few Sundays. haha. We also sang "Battle Hymn of the Republic" this week in sacrament meeting as a group of six of Elders. That was pretty fun. I think i'm getting pegged as one to do musical numbers. uh-oh. I've started up-ing my running workouts. It has been good. Anywho, I can't think of what else to say except SEND ME MORE LETTERS! quick! On DearElder.com! Before I leave the MTC on the 6th! ....ok...so maybe Adam's sister wrote that part...

Magandang Lingo! (Have a good week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment